Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Shopaholic & Moi..:)


The title may bring a familiarity breeze to my close friends.. They know the shopaholic that I am.. They know, that with the mention of the word "sale" or "new arrivals", i'd be one of the definite visitors to that place..
To be very honest, I don't shop that much.. I am more of a window shopper.. What I do is.. I review the place and scan through all the clothes that they have.. obviously do a price check to see if its really worth the price.. and then make up my mind to buy it...I get all of this done within 2 minutes..:P so you can be rest assured that I will not walk out of the shop empty handed... which, in this case and in all cases, makes me a shopaholic..????

Anyways... I am not here to talk about me...I am here to talk about shopping.. yeah sure.. but just to pitch in a few pointers that could help all those crazy shoppers around...
Walk away
A lot of us ( esp women) do a lot of implusive shopping...when we see something really enticing, we wanna buy it..Then a while later.. we're like..."umm do I really need another shirt" in the same ocean blue""?? But thanks to the return policy that a lot of stores have, we can always go ahead and return the item for store credit or refund.. But why go through all this hassle just to go and return the item?? I'd rather not buy it in the first place... So here's what I do.. I am an impulsive shopper.. sometimes, that lipstick entices me so much that I forget to see the price on it..and I am tellng you , they arent all that cheap...
So when I see something that I really really like.. but its not a necessity, I walk away from it to another isle... I register details about it at the back of my head and walk away from it.. then I get back after about 15 minutes.. If I still want it, I buy it...I am telling you, this works.. try it..
This technique has helped me from stopping myself from buying cosmetics, tops, shoes, sandals and even deo's!!!

Shop like a guy!!

You know how guys sho? They walk into a store.. know exactly what they want and where to find it.. browsing or window shopping for them is restricted to like 10 minutes.. and then they walk out with a good purchase...I really don't blame them.. there aren't many varieties for guys as there are for girls.. they dont have to worry about a-line, bohemian, tanks, tunics, camisoles, sleeves etc.. its polo, t-shirt, stripes, checks, plain.. most of the time!!
Honestly, I love the way girls shop... Its nice to spend that extra hour just strolling and fishing and finding that perfect needle from a haystack, if required!!
Anyways, just in case you find yourself spending a lot of money or find yourself out of cash, make a mental list of what exactly you wanna buy and what occassion do you wanna buy for... Then go to the store and ask where you can find it and head there straight..again.. I 've done this a lotta times.. yep.. saved a lot..too!

Mix match your clothes

This way, it seems like you have a lotta combinations and new ones and you really don't need another blouse or shirt...
If you have the basic white and basic black colours as t-shirts or blouses, this will help mix and match your clothes...

I know this seems frugal existance.. but it really does help when you are trying to save that extra money...
And if you need motivation or an insight on what "shopaholic" means or who exactly would deem fit that definition, you should read the shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella...
That my friend is a true shopaholic.. and an expensive one at that..!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that just sounded like blah blah..;) hey whatever makes you happy and whatever your hube can afford.;)

Mysteeque said...

Well ...IAMYUVA.. for some people.. its enriching and for some humdrums...the geo/eco status of the world makes more sense..Me I just write..:P