Thursday, April 17, 2008

....Mother nature


I have always been this vanilla person who couldn't do squat about appreciating the true beauty of "mother nature". The rest of my family...belongs to that wonderful world where they are able to see beauty even in a dew drop.. !! Honestly, I used to try.. real hard and used to pass those quiet remarks whenever we used to pass by a lake or something...and say.."oh wow!! look at that" awesome" Look at the sunlight just skimming...." and 3 pairs of eyes used to look at me and say.. Its ok.. dont have to try so hard"".... I just couldn't... It never was me....

....It used to be a family tradition to take those annual vacations to cooler places in southern India.. and that too by road.. ughh!! How I hate car travel!! We 've driven down to major parts of Kerala...My dad used to stop at all these awesome locales and take pics... and I used to be like.." can we get going?? I need to resume my sleep.. Oh yeah.. Car travel makes me so sleepy.. I sleep throughout.. I can go for hours sleeping...:D

To tell you the truth, its not like I hate nature, infact I love it!! yeah I do!! I do see beauty in a dew drop, and I can appreciate that rainbow after a sudden shower in spring!! i can I can I can!! It just din't come out the right way...

I am now in one of THE BEST places in the world...by best, I mean, most scenic, most romantic, best climate, best locales.. best everything...
wait...did I just appreciate nature?!! those were the exact words that came out when I squealed with excitement when I landed here..!!
AWESOME AND AMAZING!! these two words when used so often, can just begin to describe sunny California....
Awesome beaches..natural ones by reefs, where you can see the sun wake up and set at dusk...I was lucky to be at the beach at sunset.. it was awesome.. I got goosebumps!!!
Every drive here is awesome, there is water everywhere and nestled between sheets of water is land!! how cool is that? how will it feel to just drive 10 miles with nothing but sheets and sheets and sheets of water on both sides of the road?? Goosebumps again!!

if you look straight ahead, you can see mountains at a distance calling you to come and visit....Awesome again..

So I guess, it really took a lot from "mother nature" to awaken that side of me to appreciate her...:D..

Even to this day, every time we go out and I look at something beautiful, I appreciate it and smile with excitement... much to my husband's amusement and satisfaction....

So here's to California.. which seems to be one of nature's favorite abode and mine for a long time to come...:)





No comments: